Covid -19 Booster Vaccination
You are eligible for 1st booster if 12 years & over, 2nd booster if 18 years & over or pregnant (16weeks+),3rd booster limited to 65’s & over or 12-64 with a weak immune system
Selected StayWell Pharmacies* are offering the new bivalent COVID-19 booster vaccine appointments. These adapted vaccines are expected to give you better protection against COVID-19, including the Omicron variant. We are administering to the following cohorts in line with the Government recommendations:
First Booster Dose
- Anyone aged 12 years and over
Second Booster Dose
You can book your second booster dose if you are:
- Anyone aged 18 to 49 - wait at least 6 months since getting your last COVID-19 vaccine or COVID-19 infection
You can still book your second booster dose if you are:
- Anyone aged 50 to 64 years
- Pregnant (from 16 weeks)
- A healthcare worker - bring your work ID or a letter as proof of employment
- Anyone aged 12 years or older with a condition that puts you at high risk of serious illness from COVID-19 - for example, diabetes, asthma or heart disease
If you are in one of these groups you can wait a shorter time of at least 4 months since getting your last COVID-19 vaccine or COVID-19 infection.
You can check the date of your last vaccine on your digital COVID-19 certificate.
Third Booster Dose
- Anyone aged 65 years or older where 4 months has passed since second booster
- Anyone aged 12 years or older with a weak immune system a condition that puts you at high risk of serious illness from COVID-19
You will need to wait at least 4 months since getting your last COVID-19 vaccine and since you tested positive for COVID-19 if you are legible to before getting your next dose. You can check the date of your last vaccine on your digital COVID-19 certificate.
Please note that groups are subject to regular change by the HSE - check the HSE website here for latest eligibility information.
*Subject to eligibility criteria, trained pharmacist and vaccine availability. Selected StayWell Pharmacies only.
COVID-19 vaccine Primary course first and second dose is only available at HSE COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics (CVCs)
How to Book an Appointment:
COVID-19 vaccine stock can be limited. If StayWell Pharmacies have availability, they will open for waitlist registrations or appointment bookings online or in store. If you are unable to book an appointment online or register for the waitlist with your local CarePlus Pharmacy, it is because they currently have no availability.
You can book an appointment or register on the waitlist for vaccines online for selected StayWell Pharmacies* by clicking on the “Book” button, or alternatively you book an appointment in store or by calling the pharmacy.
Getting the COVID-19 Vaccine and your Appointment
Please do not attend your appointment if you:
- Have any current symptoms of COVID-19
- Have been told you are a close contact of someone with COVID-19
- Have been told you should isolate
- You should allow at least 20 minutes for your vaccination appointment. After getting the vaccine, you may be under observation for 15 minutes
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please contact the pharmacy as soon as you can
- Adults should arrive for their vaccination unaccompanied where possible. Children aged 12- 15 will need to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, or an adult who is eligible to give legal consent. Who can give consent for vaccination of a young person aged under 16 years?
On the Day of your Vaccine Appointment:
- Please wear a loose-fitting top so that your upper arm is easily accessible
- Bring your phone, photo ID and a face covering
- If this is your second vaccination dose, please bring your vaccination record card
Vaccine Information Leaflets:
Please read the relevant information leaflets below about your assigned vaccine prior to your appointment. Leaflets will also be available at the pharmacy when you arrive for your vaccination.
General vaccine information:
Booster vaccine information for healthcare workers:
General booster vaccine information:
- For more information, read the manufacturer’s Patient Information Leaflet. This will be printed for you on the day you get your vaccine, or you can find it on hse.ie/covid19vaccinePIL
- You can visit the HSE website at hse.ie/covid19vaccineor call HSELive on 1850 24 1850
- For more information on the COVID-19 vaccine, including materials in other formats and translation support, visit: hse.ie/covid19vaccinematerials