How to: Clean your Make-Up Brushes
According to dermatologists, we should be washing our make-up tools – especially foundation and concealer brushes - on a weekly basis. Applying products with dirty applicators can clog pores and spread bacteria, causing breakouts.
What you’ll need:
- Baby shampoo & a little bit of water
- Running water
- Clean towel for drying
- Rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle
- Wet the brush with lukewarm water.
- Keeping the tip of the brush pointed down, put a small amount of baby shampoo and water onto the palm of your hand and gently massage the bristles into your palm.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Repeat the above process until the water runs clear.
- Squeeze the excess water out of the brush with a clean towel.
- Lightly spritz the damp brush with rubbing alcohol to eliminate any lingering germs.
- Lay the brushes flat on a clean towel to dry overnight or over the edge of a counter. (Tip: Never stand the brushes upright to dry. Water will leak into the handle and loosen the glue, causing the bristles to come loose.)