5 Tips for Great Skin
- Pain & tingling do not mean it’s working. If a product makes your skin feel like it’s burning or tingling, it is probably damaging your skin and you should not continue to use it.
- Diet & water intake are everything. The foods you eat and the amount of water you drink will do more for your skin that piling products on to it. Specifically, if a certain type of food makes you break out – cleanser is not going to fix that, removing that food from your diet will. The age-old tale of water being the skin’s saviour holds true – drink as much of it as possible.
- Be gentle. Be careful not to pull, drag or scrub at your skin while doing your skincare routine – particularly around the eyes. Avoid using exfoliating scrubs too often (no more than once a week) and avoid ones with abrasive ingredients.
- Don’t go overboard. Your skincare routine is not necessarily better because it has 17 steps and 52 products. You only really need the key items we have mentioned and a good sunscreen, everything else is a bonus.
- Order is important. With any skincare products, try to apply them in order of consistency – from thinnest to thickest. For example – cleanser, then toner, serum (if you use one) and finally moisturiser and SPF.