7 Back to School Tips
- Set your kids’ sleep schedules back to “School Time” a couple of days before the first day back after Christmas.
- Head lice will often do the rounds at schools at this time of year. If you need to treat your child, ask your StayWell Pharmacist about the best products and talk you through how to use them correctly so that they are effective.
- Don’t forget about breakfast – it’s no myth that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It can be a long wait until small break, so opt for a breakfast that will fill and fuel.
- Colds and flus at this time of year can lead to asthma flare-ups so please talk to us about how best to manage your children’s medicines.
- It is beneficial to integrate vitamins into your child’s daily routine to help boost their immune systems and keep energy levels high.
- Stay up-to-date with your child’s vaccinations. Getting these vaccinations in younger years can help prevent harmful diseases as children grow.
- Teaching children the basics of hand-washing with soap and water is the easiest way to prevent the spread of disease. Teach your child to lather for 20 seconds or say their ABC’s twice before washing off the soap.